Love Unconditionally For We are Family

13 February 2003, 11:09pm IST Nancy R Stonack.

Where does the average seeker find stability in spiritual growth? Is there a 'how to' manual of integration into daily life? Many a spiritual seeker is becoming aware that he is more than his physical body.

There is a deep craving to understand what is their calling. The revival of ancient wisdom is growing and that growth is having an effect on the way we perceive spirituality.

My awakening as a clairvoyant and spiritual healer forced me to find a way of integrating it all into my traditional nursing clinical setting. I began a journey to seek out ancient indigenous cultures that I could relate to.

My journey took me first into my own backyard, to the rich culture of native American Indians. The Puyallup Indian tribe in Tacoma, Washington, taught me that there is spirit in everything - the earth, sky, wind, sun, rocks, trees and animals. They also taught me to look at the symbolism in everything.

Hawaiian culture reflects compassion and love in all activity. Aloha means 'with breath and life'. In ancient times the Hawaiians could tell the health of an individual through their breath and smell. When a person is ill the Hawaiian Kahunas believe that the entire family needs to come for healing because illness affects the entire family.

The Maoris of New Zealand are well known for their psychic healing powers. They have known that the energy of your thoughts decides what you will create. The Maori know the power of creative visualisation and also that they have a powerful spirit in a physical body. They also honour their ancestors and land as sacred.

Dr Rose Pere, Maori Healer and medicine woman, says that in the Maori culture they are taught to heal in ways by which the healer receives while they are giving and healing - a circle of energy is formed between the two. She states that in America the healers keep giving and then exhaust themselves.

The aborigines of Australia taught me the benefits of total, unconditional love. Bob Randall is an aborigine elder who is the keeper and owner of a sacred site of Uluru (Ayers Rock). He always radiates joy from his energy field. He says the secret is simple. The secret is love.

When I asked, how do you radiate love when you do not always feel 'loving', he said: "Begin with yourself. Love yourself unconditionally no matter what happens. Just make a commitment to love yourself."

He continued: "Once you have found that a bit easier, then commit to love your partner, then your children, and others." It seemed so simple. The aborigine healers talked about the ancient tradition of listening to the sounds of the body and diagnosing someone as healthy or ill based on what they would hear.

My experience as a healer is enriched with a deeper understanding of my connection to myself, and my environment, which includes my clients. Each ancient culture has influenced me in my heart and soul.

Each experience deepens my ability to connect with the rich creative power of mother earth, and the cosmic forces that flow through my very being. I dare to open my heart more to the wonders that I hold inside myself without fear. My relationship with indigenous cultures enhances my courage to reconnect with my own ancient wisdom that with each breath becomes more alive.

Today, we are in need of this wealth of knowledge more than at any other time in our history. We are spiri-tual beings and are guided by symbols and experiences in everything we do. Ancient stories and traditions enrich our lives. Embracing this richness can only enhance our experiences in this life and others to come. After all, aren't we family?

( The writer is from South Africa )

No comments:

Post a Comment